Whole 30 Days 7&8

Hello everyone!

I hope you guys are having a great week! Mine is going… well, it’s going. Work is crazy, as usual, so my stress levels have been higher than I want. I am trying my best to stay positive though, and I have felt like I have energy to deal with the stress, so that is good. My meals the past 2 days have been pretty repetitive, which I am fine with, but it makes for a boring blog post. However, let’s see if I have been keeping up with the Whole 30 challenge!

Day 7: Yesterday, I woke up with a huge headache. I had an awful nights sleep because my mind was racing, but also because Tom was up sick in the middle of the night. I ended up staying in bed a little later to try and sleep off the headache, and thankfully it worked. I don’t think it had anything to do with the way I have been eating, but more because of the lack of sleep and probably a bit of dehydration from the heat being cranked up. It has been absolutely freezing here, just like most of the country right now. The dry air from the heat being on is just killing my nose! I just want normal winter temperatures, or at least some snow if it is going to be this cold. Oy! Anyways, I headed into work and had a tangerine once I got there for some breakfast. Me and my friend ended up working like mad women until about 2:30 or so before we had a chance to eat anything. I had brought some more of the butternut shepherd’s pie (yes, I still have leftovers!) and some raw cashews with unsweetened raisins. That was enough to hold me over until I got out a few hours later.

When I got home I was feeling good, not as tired as I usually feel. Tom and I had decided to go to the gym at 8:00pm to try and get on the treadmills, and I was actually looking forward to it! When I got home, I cooked up some more pork chops with leftover apples and onions, and on the side I made some eggs scrambled with coconut cream and diced tomatoes. Everything was very tasty, and didn’t weigh me down before our workout. We ended up working out for only about a half hour, but I consider that a win since it has been over a year since I have stepped foot into a gym. I have a bedtime I like to stick to during the week because of work, so we weren’t able to spend a lengthy amount of time there anyways. I felt good afterwards though, and was happy that we stuck to our  word and went. Once I showered and got ready for bed, I started to notice a Charlie horse coming on in my right  calf, so I ate a banana to try and prevent from getting one in my sleep. It seems to have worked, so “yay” for bananas!

Pork chop  with eggs

Day 8: Today did not start off very well either. I got ready for work and tried to start my jeep and  of course, it didn’t  start. UGH! So I thankfully was able to catch  a ride in with my friend. We didn’t have any patients until 11-ish, so it worked out fine. I started the day off with a ton of paperwork and an apple.  Since I was kind of rushing this morning, I only packed a small, and boring, lunch. I threw some frozen green beans in a glad-ware container with some adobo seasoning, and then also packed some almonds with dried pineapple, and a clementine for snacks. Pretty boring, and I have to say, the green beans did not satisfy my mind as much as they satisfied my tummy.  However, I made due with what I had packed, and I am glad I did.

I worked the afternoon away, and finally, I am all caught up on the never ending paperwork I have to do! YAY! Tom ended up having to pick me up from work since I didn’t have a car, and we was starving by then. We decided to go to Ted’s Montana Grill for dinner, since it was on the way home, and they seem to have better Paleo options than other restaurants in the area. I searched the menu to try and find the best option for me, seeing as I don’t like salad. I ended up getting a “naked” bison burger, but dressed it up with some grilled mushrooms and avocado. On the side, I asked for some grilled asparagus. Tom had a salad, ew. I was really satisfied with my dinner, and the only thing that may have been iffy about it, is I am not sure if they used butter or olive oil on the asparagus. Overall, I would say that it was a pretty whole 30 approved meal, even though I didn’t cook it myself.

Bison burger

We are now home and  Tom is walking laps in our apartment, lol. I am typing away at this blog post. I am still kind of hungry, but I think I am more tired than hungry, so sleep will win over snack tonight. Well, I hope your week hasn’t been as stressful as mine. It’s hard to let things roll off your shoulders when one thing after another happens, but it could always be worse. I will talk to you guys soon!

xo Becky

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: